I’ll go with you on your boat, I’ll be the mate to teach you reef fishing. You’ll see things you’ve never seen before things I’ve learned putting in, long hours at sea.
- Where to Fish
- How to Fish
- How to Rig
- I’ll Provide you with Hooks, Swivels, and Chum
- No Braided Lines (For Yellow Tails)
- Miami total$500.00
- Ocean Reef and south $550.00
- Islamorada from mile marker 70 and south $600.00 to mile 25 Summerland key
- 2 dozen( FRESH) ballyhoo,or other fresh or live bait (I also catch bait as we fish but sometimes, they’re just not close enough). Also, remember 10 bags of ice no blocks
- some bank sinkers-five of each 16/20/24/32 oz –
- some egg sinkers 5/6/oz – four of each
- a 25yd spool of 15lb/20lb/40lb/50lb/60lb fluorocarbon leader and 1/2 pound spool of 50 pounds pink Mono line prefer Ande
- 300 ft to 600 ft of anchor line with a 3/8 thick chain 15 to 18 feet long and whether you have a winch or not you would need an anchor ball kit to make it easy for you, to pull your anchor more quickly. Note- a winch will jam most times, taking up fishing time, I don’t recommend it, leave it for the sand bar.
- as we fish anywhere between 50 and over 150 ft deep, also you need an anchor, that can anchor on coral, with a breakaway system, so you won’t lose it by getting it stuck. Example= a Fortress aluminum anchor is a sand anchor and will bend or get stuck on rocks.
- I recommend using a claw anchor, 16 to 22 pounds depending on boat size. Click here to view anchor.
- You need 2 bottom rods with 65 lb, braided line (Cortland master Braid /suffix Or Diamond braid ) (power pro 50 will not work).
- for the bottom, you need a fast reel and an 8 ft Miamimuttonman bottom rod lmk
- For the Yellowtails you need two spinners with 12lb pink or clear line and one more big spinner with 20 or more pound test, to use as a toss rod in case a cobia or dolphin show up all the sudden, to name a few.
- I require a $150.00 deposit at time of booking, send it to: Benito Cabrera, PO box 660141 Miami Florida, 33266. Make check or money order, payable to Reef Fishing Consultant Inc.
- (I take credit card payments for deposits over the phone) it’s a quicker way to book
For every trip, we check the weather two days prior, if it is forecasted bad, we will reschedule to the next available date. If you need to cancel it has to be 72 hrs in advance of the trip, so you can keep your deposit and we can reschedule.
After I give you the new dates to reschedule, you have 90 days to use your reschedule deposit.
- Any cancellations within 72 hrs of the trip, you lose your deposit.